Thursday, May 14, 2015

First steps with the Fujimi Ferrari 330 P4

This kit is very nice. So far, everything has gone together beautifully. There is a sheet of PE in the box but I am not sure how much of it I shall be using. These new PE sheets are very hard and take some bending. I might even have to get my Mission Models folder out - that will be almost a first :-0

Anyway, I have got going on the cockpit. I have sprayed the roll bar using my new pot of Ferrari Rosso Corsa 300, which I am reliably informed is the correct colour for cars of this era. The decals in the dashboard didn't sit in properly but an application of MicroSol fixed that.

I am just about to start work on the seat belts. There are PE versions in the box which, supposedly, supersede the paper ones but time will tell.

Anyway, this is what it looks like at the moment.

I am really glad that I spent some time spraying Alclad aluminium on the inside of the doors and then picking out the details in black. As you can see, the door interiors are almost completely unseeable because of the extreme curve of the shell. In fact, there are some PE details for those door interiors. I am really glad that I ignored them!

The first part of the front suspension has been sprayed with Alclad as well. Actually, I have gone through the whole kit and done that job on everything that needs it, along with painting everything that needs to be black with my favourite Vallejo polyurethane black primer.

More to come.....

No comments: