Sunday, July 29, 2007

New Unusual Projects

I am working my way through the Morser. I now have the second rail truck substantially completed. Pictures later this week. For now, I have decided to do something different.
There are currently two projects on the go:
1. Alemany 1/72nd Resin/Wite metal STUG III
2. Metal Modeles 54mm Flat!!!

This has been quite fun so far. The wheels and the tracks are all white metal and fit to the resin body. The it is quite well designed and there isn't a lot of work to do on each element. The kit includes a few crew members. I don't think that the construction of this wll take long. A little diorama could be fun though.

This is what it says - a flat 54mm figure. Its an 1805 Cuirassier 4th regiment. Obviously not much construction but a deal of painting.

Here they are.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

F-84f finished just in time

I had to replace the stars and bars on the side due to one of them moving. I stripped the decal and the paint back using 600 wet and dry and then resprayed the primer and the final coat. t went very well.

The final outcome wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I really do have trouble with aircraft. I seem to make a series of stupid mistakes and have to be always making good rather than enjoying the process. I had to cut some more red line decal because Imessed up putting that on. I have touched up the join in the back coloured stripe decal but it doesn't look good so i will re-do that after Colchester club tomorrow night. Also, I managed to lose the minor main gear doors so had to make them of plastic card. Still it looks good from Aaron's 4 feet standard so its one more aircraft done and back to the Morser. I will keep trying - I have an RS Models Do-17 to do next so we shall see how I get on there.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Nearly there with the Thunderstreak

I had to mask up the F-84 after Alclad and found that the masking took the alclad straight off! Hence I rubbed the aircraft down and gave it a couple of coats of Vallejo steel. It now looks fine to my mind (no uneven areas and no rotten smell!). I will have to give Alclad another try sometime.

I have moved on to the decals to find that they are quite think. They do respond quite well to Microsol/Set and bedded down fine after a time. I had some trouble with the one at the back of the fuselage and in fact I am not happy with that at all.

I hope to finish the F-84 by the end of Sunday as I am being nagged to get back to the Morser. Plus I have the 1/12th Maclaren sitting there glaring at me!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What a smell!!!

I have just given the Thunderstreak its coating of Alclad. Last night I did the grey primer and didn't like the smell. Tonight was even worse. I carefully cleaned out the Iwata after the first coat of Airframe Aluminium. I then came back for a second coat and couldn't work out why the Alclad was dripping out the front of the airbrush. I had forgotten to put the needle back! Mind you, it still gave a great finish;-)

I will put some pictures up tomorrow.

Its 11 pm and I'm off....