So I spent all evening masking up the Gannet. I then gave it a few coats of Extra Dark Sea Grey and what happened? - loads of seepage etc. I never seem to be able to get masking to work properly.
Now I have to go around touching up all of the dodgy bits when I could have painted the thing by hand in half the time - and with a couple of hand coats of Model Air plus a few coats of Klear, no one would have known the difference.
Here is where I am at the moment.
Excuse the dodgy photo. I am still using my iPad as my flash gun still doesn't work - getting close is difficult on the iPad as you don't get any real feedback regarding focus. Apart from that the photos have been good. As you can see, there is a lack of accuracy around the wing roots and I seem to have scratched the tail planes when removing the masking.