Wednesday, October 03, 2012

So, I have finished something but...

Well, I have finished the Dauntless but now I have taken some photos, I am not sure that I should have bothered. From a distance it looks fine but up close you can see that the canopies are a 'sort of' fit and when photographed, look dreadful.

Still, I have done the best I could with a really c**p kit - at least that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Things to note about this one:
  • The canopies sort of fit
  • I have lined the canopies out using Tamiya masking tape rather than trying to either mask them up or hand paint them. It looks fine at normal viewing but up close you can see that the tape is a bit thick.
  • One of the undercarriage doors went 'ping' away when I was trying to fit it using some tweezers. Hence, both doors have been replaced with thin plastic card. they actually look better and fit better.
  • I broke the landing hook when cutting it off the sprue so I had to make a new one out of brass wire.
  • The radio aerial is made of my usual stretchy thread.
Well here are the photos - no comments accepted about the quality of the build - grin.




1 comment:

Jim Watts said...

Bravo David, I'm pleased you got this one done, always a good feeling to get one off the bench. The tape for the canopy frames looks good, gives a nice consistent sharp edge.

The Dauntless is one I have been meaning to do myself at some point.

All the best

Jim