Anyway, in my tiny stash, I have the recent re-release by Tamiya of their 1/12th scale Lotus 47 as Jimmy used to race it. Ignoring all the dramas and mistakes of recent builds, I have got the kit out and started to make it. I have a set of wire covers for the air intakes, as these are never included in Tamiya kits. I bought these some months ago from Hobby Link Japan.
Here is the box art. As you can see, when compared to the Mac keyboard, this is a large kit. Placed on top are the body parts (??) that need to be in British Racing Green (BRG). I have primed them with Zero Paints 2 Pack grey primer ready for their first coat of colour.
I have moved on from there and have done the following:
- Stripped all the chrome off the relevant sprues back to the base plastic
- Sprayed all the remaining sprues with Vallejo Black surface primer
- Sprayed all of the engine parts in Vallejo acrylic Metal Colour Steel
- Sprayed all of the stripped chrome parts in Vallejo acrylic Metal Colour Chrome
- The body parts have been given one decent coat of BRG and then cut back with MicroMesh before getting a final coat.
- Everything else has had just a coat of the Black Primer