The problem with the decals came about because I tried out the decal for the instrument panel - guess what - they broke up into 6 pieces. I tried this bit because I wanted to know how the decals would go under pressure. It seems that the answer is not very far. The only problem that I see with the decals will be the Ferrari badges. Apart from that I can probably get by with making my own. However, I will try coating the decals in Klear once I have scanned the sheet. That might keep them together.
Still, this is where we are.
I did have thoughts about putting Eduard etched seat belts in, as I have a set of blue belts in stock. However, I found from the GT40 that once the body is in, you can't really see them so the struggle to make them outweighs the result. I laid a strip of masking tape down on my nice little custom built mirror (my ex-SBX customer Martin at Crown Glass made me a nice little piece of mirror with ground edges for just such jobs as these). Here you can see the mirror with the remains of the tape attached.
I painted the tape dark blue. I then cut it into 2mm strips. Having fitted the tape, I highlighted the metal parts with some Vallejo aluminium. This will look good through the windows.