The Mosquito is finished. I was just taking photos when I broke off the aerial mast! Rather than try and cobble it together, I heated some 1mm brass wire and hammered it flat. This not only looks better but is much stronger and it matches the replacement brass end on the tail!
My best friend - Dan in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, sent me a little Maisto snap together Harley for Xmas some years ago - mainly to get his own back because, whenever I visit, we always have to go to the Harley shop to buy some t-shirts! This little kit is made of some kind of soft plastic which rejected every glue I tried and had a very shiny surface - very toy like. I felt that I should try a bit harder so I did an amount of weathering on it. The only thing that I haven't done is to provide an accurate US Army number plate. I will do this when my next stock of laser decal paper arrives.
Firstly, this is what it is supposed to look like when purchased.
This is what mine looks like:
I was given a Hobby Boss 1/72 Eurocopter Tigre HAP as part of the Christmas lucky dip at the Colcheter Club - you are supposed to complete the kit and bring it back for January. I have just realised that the next meeting is next Monday so I have 6 days to make this thing! Pictures tomorrow.